Characters In The Making
“Jesus: Our Perfect Example (Part Two)”
Introduction: 1. As we are bringing our series on Character studies to a close, we
want to focus on the life of Jesus who set for us an example of what
man should be.
2. It is not enough to examine his actions and attitudes, but we must
resolve to imitate his actions and attitudes in our lives (James 1:21).
3. Last week we examined three qualities, service, mercy, and
4. This week, we wish to examine three more qualities.
I. Our Lives Should Reflect An Attitude Of Obedience
A. (Hebrews 5:8).
B. (Philippians 2:8).
C. (Romans 15:3).
D. There are three aspects to genuine obedience.
1. Doing the right thing (the “what”).
2. Doing the right thing in the right way (the “how”).
3. Doing the right thing in the right way for the right purpose (the
II. Our Lives Should Reflect The Teaching Of Jesus
A. Jesus was the Master Teacher
B. (Matthew 7:28-29).
C. Characteristics of Jesus’ teaching.
1. It was balanced (Matthew 5-7; 23).
2. It was biblical as opposed to speculative (1 Peter 4:11; Luke 4).
3. It was uncompromising (Mark 10:17-22).
III. Our Lives Should Reflect The Anger Of Jesus
A. We need to learn to be angered by what angered Jesus, and not to get
angry about things that do not anger Jesus.
B. (Matthew 21:12).
C. (Ephesians 4:26).
D. (Matthew 5:22).
Conclusion: 1. Christ in us…the hope of glory (Colossians 1:27).
2. Does Christ live in you?
3. If he does, your life will reflect the above mentioned qualities.
4. If your life does not possess these qualities, then Christ is not living
in you…and if he is not living in you, who is your hope of glory?