Characters In The Making
“Jesus: Our Perfect Example (Part One)”
Introduction: 1. After we have learned as much as we can learn by examining the
lives of men and women who lived before us, we have not learned
enough until we have examined the life of Jesus.
2. Jesus was the perfect man (Hebrews 4:15; John 1:1,14).
3. If we are to make it to heaven, it is going to take effort on our part
(Philippians 2:12), and that effort consists of allowing Jesus to live in
4. (Colossians 1:27; Galatians 2:20).
5. In the next three lessons, we will examine what our lives should
reflect if Jesus is living in us.
I. Our Lives Should Reflect Servitude
A. (Matthew 20:20-28).
B. (Acts 20:35).
C. Anonymous giving has almost become a forgotten art (Matthew 6:4).
D. Live your lives as humble servants, expecting nothing, but knowing you will
gain everything (Mark 9:41; Luke 17:7-10).
II. Our Lives Should Reflect Mercy
A. (Matthew 23:23).
B. (Luke 23:34; Romans 5:7).
C. (Micah 7:18).
III. Our Lives Should Reflect Victory Over Prejudices
A. (John 3:16).
B. Jesus treated the poor, the outcast, the physically deformed, the foreigner,
and the sinner the same.
C. (Isaiah 11:1-9).
Conclusion: 1. Christ in us…the hope of glory (Colossians 1:27).
2. Does Christ live in you?
3. If he does, your life will reflect the above mentioned qualities His life
4. If your life does not possess these qualities, then Christ is not living
in you…and if he is not living in you, who is your hope of glory?